Thursday, September 29, 2011

Masculine Cards and Copics

After spending an evening making feminine cards, I was in the mood for something different. I felt like coloring, too, so I stamped these images from Peace, Be Still by The Angel Company.

I really didn't know what I was going to do with them when I started coloring. After I got this first one done, I knew I wanted to put blue and brown behind it. When I looked through my Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, I saw this one and figured it could look just like crashing waves! I embossed DCWV paper, then sanded it lightly.



Ok, I'll admit that I was clueless as to how I wanted to begin to color this image so I cheated. I looked at Debra Miller's card on page 88 of TAC's last catty. She colors so beautifully, that I just sorta went with what she had already done. Mine's not exactly like hers, but I'm please with how it turned out. The sentiment is from that same new stamp set that I can't put down. Don't you just love a great vertical sentiment?!?!? :-)

No comments: