Monday, August 8, 2011

A DIFFERENT stamp set!

Finally something other than Lotsa Dotsa! Don't worry, though, that set will return over the next several days. This stamp is called Lovely Butterfly and is a Level A Hostess set. I decided to try spotlighting without exactly doing the spotlighting technique. I like the overall effect, but I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the color of the butterfly.

I used the Flourishes Impressabilities on black, then went over it DTP with my Starlight Black Brilliance Dew Drop. It was the perfect touch to give it a touch of color and sparkle. In the close-up below, you can see the black gem that I used for the center of the butterfly.


To see more cards with this same image, click HERE. They are done by the owner/CEO of The Angel Company, Mischelle Smith.



On a side note, I spent the fall semester last year teaching 4th grade. We had a unit on butterflies in which we learned the difference between butterflies and moths. This image doesn't really have the complete characteristics of either! I think is a buth, or maybe a buttermoth, or even a motherfly. Bad humor, I know... :-)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Very striking! Tee hee about the moth/butterfly - I never know which is which so I'll just use your new terms!