Thursday, August 11, 2011

August Card Class Samples

For a totally different look, I decided to use my watercolor crayons on the stamp before spritzing it with water. I then cut it out--some people call it fussy cutting. ;-)


The cut out stamp is on a die I cut using "Eyelet Circles" then placed on a card front embossed using the Impressies called "circles." Figured I might as well stick with the circle theme for this one. LOL
The card below is also pretty plain and simple. The dark brown on the front doesn't really look so dark/odd/out of place in person. :-) I wanted to do something different with the sentiment banner, so I did what you see below. I've never seen it done (though I'm sure I'm not *that* original!), and I'm honestly not sure what I think. I might have liked it better if I'd done it like this card where I adhered the two ends and let the middle be slightly raised.






2 comments:

Chris said...

Two great cards! I'm so glad I saw your post on the watercolor crayon thread and came to check out your blog. I would've never, ever gotten this set until I scrolled through your samples. Really great work and so creative!!

Debra Miller said...

This is fabulous!