Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Graduation Cards

This is the basic graduation card I made for all the girls on the list. If I knew the school colors, I used those (this one is for Hesston High School). If I didn't know school colors, then I used black/white/gray. In a few days, I'll show you the "man version" for the guys on the list. One nephew hasn't received his yet...

I got the idea to do the grad cap with the Date Disks set from Jennifer Carter when she posted some cards last year. I love that idea! I used Mini Occasions for the cap with Moulin Rouge Palette ink, and I stamped off before stamping on the line. I also stamped off the red stars before stamping that strip. I did the black stars in Noir Pallette at "full ink." Those stars come from Build-a-Background.

The shot above lets you see that the scalloped circles are popped up with Pop Dots. The shot below lets you see that I used Crystal Stickles on random black stars to add a little bling. ;-)
Other supplies: White ultrasmooth cardstock, black cardstock, scarlet cardstock. 1.5" Clever Lever circle punch, Scalloped Clever Lever punches in Super Jumbo and Mega, bordher punch.


1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

This is cute! I really like your scalloped border up and down the sides!