Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Stamp-a-Stack Samples

Over the next few days, I'll be showing you the 4 cards we made at my Stamp-a-Stack on Sat., March 6.

This first one is CASEd from a card I saw here. I already had the old hymnal from 1913--something I'd bought at an antique store with a different project in mind (still haven't done that other one yet!). When I saw her card, I KNEW the hymnal I had would be perfect.


The stamp sets are Aged Ornaments and Savvy Sayings. The paper is Amberley Grace, kraft and ivory ultrasmooth. The inks are Burnt Umber and Versamark Champagne Dazzle (hard to see the sparkle in the photos). I sponged the edges with a hydrasponge, and used my Corner Chomper on the 1/2" setting for the corners. The Cloud Scissors gave a nice scalloped edge. It's tough to see, but the button is tied with brown Scrapper's Floss.

2 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty! I LOVE Dawn's style! She just has the best stuff! You did great with your version!

Teresa Jenkins said...

Love your card! The hymnal did work perfectly absolutely love it!