Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh, Baby!

I've been making baby cards--lots of them! Two different friends needed baby cards, and one wanted 8 to use on the nursing unit where she works. So...I've been playing with a coloring technique on some of them and I'll show you two of those.

Megan, an Angel friend, posted a blog entry and link to a video tutorial on how to use Bic Markers and Sharpies instead of Copics. I decided to give it a whirl and have been playing with them for a while. The green card is sort of "non-traditional" because it's bright green instead of all pastel in pink and blue and yellow. I'm pleased with the results for my newbie efforts.

Later I'll show you more... Be sure to come back for those! :-)

Stamps: Bitty Babies (retired)
Ink: Noir and Giverney Green Palettes
Paper: Apple Green #2, Golden Yellow #2, Tutti Frutti SWIC, watercolor paper
Other: Bic and Sharpie Markers, Skin Tone Pencils, Tombow Blending Pen, Gray Tombow Marker, Prisma Colored Pencils, Button Brads, 1/2" inch Circle Punch, Pop Dots

Stamps: Bitty Babies (retired)
Ink: Burnt Umber Palette
Paper: Ivory Ultrasmooth, Bazzill Pinks & Red Violets, Bazzill Browns, watercolor paper
Other: Bic and Sharpie Markers, Gray Tombow Marker, Souflee Pens, Super Jumbo Oval Punch, Mega Scalloped Oval Punch, Hydra Sponge, Pink and Brown Scrapper's Floss, Paper Piercer (for curling Floss), ribbon

No comments: