Sunday, July 20, 2008

Flamingo Birthday

I've got a great friend who always sends me funny birthday cards. When I made her card the other day, I knew that a serious, sappy card just wouldn't do. Here's what I came up with. (Inside it says, "Work it girl.")

The flamingo is from our returning set called "Tickled Pink." The background flowers were stamped using the new "Build-a-Flower" and the sentiment is from our new set "Linear Sentiments." I just cut off and used part of the strip. This is a VERY versatile set!

I also used a paper flower from the Hillary Embellishment Jar--gotta love that jar of embellies--and the Polo Glitter Brad adds just the right touch to this glamour gal!

After I paper pierced, I decided to round two corners. Don't really like the effect in the upper left. Next time, I'll have to round and THEN pierce. LOL Live and learn...

1 comment:

Stampin' Meg said...

These flamingoes always make me chuckle-I love how you paired her up with the brite candy colors!